Audition rotations are offered to fourth year students enrolled in an ACGME approved U.S. medical school. Presently, we are not offering research rotations. At this time, we do not accept international medical students. Students will receive basic medical knowledge in diverse clinical areas.
Medical Students will have direct contact with attending faculty and be able to work with Residents in the care of patients, providing an excellent orientation to post-doctoral training at Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso, Texas or Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso, Texas. Rotations available on two-week and four-week block rotations. The rotations offered below are according to availability.
4th Year Medical Student Coordinator
3rd Year Medical Student Coordinator
4th Year Medical Student Rotations are offered in the following areas:
- Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Women’s Health – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Patient Care Experience: The inpatient medical teaching service allows the Medical Students, to take primary responsibility for the evaluation and management of patients under the supervision of the Residents and Faculty members.
- Educational Activities: A residency program lecture schedule is provided in accordance to specialty rotation and all Medical Students are required to attend the lectures. In addition, hospital continued medical education presentations will be available to attend.
- Orientation: Orientation will be provided to all Medical Students on the first day of their rotation to acquaint him/her with hospital guidelines, program specialty expectations. An email will be sent to the medical student weeks prior with more detailed information. A medical student will not be allowed to assume floor responsibilities or start their rotation without orientation.
- Housing: Visiting students are responsible for locating and securing their own transportation, housing, and meals during rotations. We will send the medical student a housing reference document that will serve as a great resource.