The Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare Diabetes Treatment Center provides comprehensive therapies and education that teach patients how to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. As the only American Diabetes Association (ADA)-recognized Diabetes Center of Excellence in El Paso, Del Sol provides safe and effective treatments while supporting patients as they learn to understand and cope with the physical, emotional and social implications of diabetes. The program is designed for persons with Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes.
Education programs are available for newly diagnosed and previously diagnosed patients with diabetes.
- Meal planning, medication (including insulin)
- Self-blood glucose monitoring and
- Exercising with diabetes
- Signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How to prevent complications
Individuals are also encouraged to join and register for the monthly support group.
Del Sol Medical Center offers a free monthly Diabetes Support Group facilitated by a Registered Nurse who is a certified diabetes educator and licensed social work. The group of men and women with diabetes discusses day-to-day issues, concerns and shares their successes.
- Meal planning/understanding food labels
- Exercise regime (as prescribed by physician)
- Prevention and detection of chronic complications
- Proper foot care
- Pathophysiology of diabetes
- Sick-day rules
- 12 weeks of exercise (with completion of comprehensive program)
The group meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:00pm at:
Del Sol Outpatient Diabetes Treatment Center
10555 Vista Del Sol, Suite 100
El Paso, TX 79925
2015 Support Groups (Third Thursday of Each Month)
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
Are you at risk? Prevent & protect.
Las Palmas Del Sol HealthCare Help Center
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare questions
- Register for classes & events