Medical diagnostic imaging center in El Paso, Texas
When you are sick, you need answers quickly and effectively. Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare provides full-spectrum imaging services, including emergency, breast and cardiac imaging. We work hard to get to the source of your symptoms to create a personalized treatment plan. No matter what brings you to one of our hospitals, our goal is to provide excellent care.
For more information about our imaging services, call (915) 595-9200.
Diagnostic medical imaging
We provide comprehensive imaging tests to help accurately diagnose and detect medical conditions. Imaging services we offer include:
- Bone densitometry — Imaging used primarily to diagnose osteoporosis and determine fracture risk
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan — X-ray images of large sections of your body from many angles
- Digital fluoroscopy — X-ray to see the structures of your body in detailed, real-time images
- Digital mammography — Computer-based electronic conductors to display imaging of the interior of the breast
- Digital X-ray — Imaging test performed on the structures inside your body, such as the bones
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) — machine that uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the body's organs and tissues
- Nuclear medicine — Radioactive tracers used inside the body for diagnostic and treatment procedures
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan — Type of nuclear medicine that uses a special dye containing radioactive tracers that you swallow, inhale or inject
- Ultrasound — Sound waves used to make images of organs, tissues and other parts of the body
Our dedicated team includes radiologists who are board certified by the American College of Radiology. All technical staff are registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensed by the Texas Department of Health-Medical Radiologic Technologic Program.
Diagnostic radiology utilizes noninvasive imaging scans to determine the source of your symptoms. Some of the procedures we perform are:
- Cystography exams — Imaging test to help diagnose problems in your bladder
- Hysterosalpingograms — X-ray procedure used to see whether the fallopian tubes are open and if the inside of the uterus is normal
- Modified barium swallows — Fluoroscopic imaging determines whether food or liquid is entering your lungs
- Upper gastrointestinal (GI) contrast and barium exams — Fluoroscopy and a barium-based contrast to image the inside wall lining of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum
Interventional radiology (IR)
IR is a medical subspecialty that performs various minimally invasive procedures using imaging guidance. This type of imaging assists with a range of procedures including biopsies, feeding tube placements and tumor treatment and removal.
IR helps treat conditions such as:
- Bleeding issues
- Dialysis catheter placements
- Treatment for abscesses
- Treatment for gallbladder and kidney conditions
- Various cancers
- Vascular disorders
Neurointerventional radiology, also known as neuroendovascular surgery (NES), is used when you need treatment for an issue of the brain or spine. Our specially trained neuroradiologists perform NES to treat strokes and vascular, head and spine malformations. The procedure makes use of catheters in the brain's blood vessels and spinal cavity. It can also assist with lumbar (lower spine) punctures, which help diagnose diseases of the central nervous system.