Heart center in El Paso, Texas
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare takes an interdisciplinary, evidence-based approach to provide you with advanced cardiovascular care. Our Heart Institute at Las Palmas Medical Center and our Heart Failure Center at Del Sol Medical Center are staffed by board-certified physicians and specially trained nurses. These locations are also equipped with innovative, lifesaving technology.
For more information about our cardiology services, call (915) 595-9200.
Cardiology services we offer
Our cardiovascular teams have in-depth experience treating a wide range of conditions that affect the heart and circulatory system. Services we offer include:
- Acute care
- Cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab)
- Cardiac decision unit (CDU), a team of emergency medical professionals highly trained to treat cardiac patients
- Cardiac intensive care
- Cardiovascular care
- Full Circle of Care treatment approach
- Progressive heart care
- Image-guided, computerized heart procedures
Emergency chest pain and heart attack care
Our emergency rooms can diagnose and treat heart attacks as well as chest pain quickly and effectively.
Call 911 if you or your loved one experience any of these heart attack symptoms:
- Arm numbness or tingling
- Chest discomfort (uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, heaviness, indigestion/burning, tightness or pain)
- Discomfort in the upper body (the arms, shoulders, back, neck, jaw or stomach)
- Shortness of breath, with or without chest discomfort
Heart Failure Center at Del Sol Medical Center
Del Sol Medical Center established the first heart failure center in the El Paso region to help you manage your heart disease and improve your quality of life. With specialized examination and treatment rooms, our center offers a range of advanced medical technology, such as digital echocardiography and point-of-care biomarker testing.
Our heart failure center features:
- 15-bed coronary care unit
- Cardiothoracic surgery operating room (OR)
- Computer-controlled magnetic heart procedures
- Dedicated echocardiogram and vascular treatment area
- Three dedicated cath labs
Heart Institute at Las Palmas Medical Center
Our Heart Institute is staffed by board-certified physicians and specially-trained nurses. We also utilize medical technology that improves your experience in our hospital as you receive the focused care you need.
Some of these advancements include:
- Advanced thrombectomy catheter-based systems
- Image management system
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Plaque excise system
- Real-time, ultrahigh-resolution surgical X-ray
Cardiovascular rehabilitation program at Las Palmas Medical Center
If you are recovering from cardiovascular disease or event, we provide a supervised, progressive exercise and education program. Our cardiac rehabilitation program can help you, whether you are experiencing an ongoing cardiac condition or recovering from cardiac surgery. Our program typically treats conditions, such as:
- Angioplasty with or without stent placement
- Heart attack
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart transplant
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Stable angina
There are many benefits of cardiac rehabilitation, such as increased strength and stamina, lower blood pressure and improved heart efficiency. Our numerous educational classes can also further your knowledge about how to reduce potential cardiovascular events.
Admission to our El Paso cardiac rehabilitation program is by physician referral only. Once you are approved, we help you get a strong start with our orientation class, offered in both English and Spanish. Our staff is available to discuss insurance and co-pays.
To learn more about our program, eligibility requirements and orientation schedule, please call (915) 521-2107.
Cardiac rehabilitation exercise program
Our experienced physiologists work with you to create an individualized exercise program based on your medical history and most recent physical examination. Sessions are conducted in our rehabilitation center, lasting approximately one hour. Working closely with your primary care physician, our team of healthcare professionals aim to help you achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Cardiac rehabilitation educational classes
In addition to the exercise component of our program, cardiac rehabilitation offers valuable education and support for you and your family members who serve as caregivers. You will also receive a one-on-one consultation with our registered dietitian. Classes are held weekly and cover a variety of topics, including:
- Benefits of exercise self-assessment
- Healing from the inside out (depression)
- Lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides)
- Navigating the healthcare system with confidence, love, and your medications
- Nutritional information (basic nutrition, recipe modification, nutrition label reading)
- Stress and relaxation