Cancer treatment center in El Paso, Texas
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare takes a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment, prioritizing improved care practices and patient outcomes. Our board-certified physicians use the latest technology to provide thorough treatment and outstanding patient care for a variety of cancers, including lung and liver cancers.
For more information about our oncology services, call (915) 595-9200.
Cancer treatment options
Different types of cancer require different types of treatments. As such, your care team is made up of a team of specialists that includes surgical oncologists, interventional radiologists and pathologists. As a result of our wide-ranging treatments and practices, we have been accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, a designation that demonstrates our commitment to patient-focused medical care, no matter your age.
Our adult and pediatric oncology services include:
- 3D conformal radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy/radioactive seed implants
- Computerized tomography (CT) simulation for radiation treatments
- Infusion therapy
- Intravenous antibiotics
- Radiation therapy treatments
- Sentinel lymph node biopsies
- Support groups
- Transfusion therapy
Liver cancer care
We offer the only fully-integrated liver treatment program in El Paso. Our skilled and dedicated team is here to provide you with leading-edge care for liver cancer, developing a personalized care plan that fits your specific needs.
Our liver cancer-screening program may be right for you if you have a doctor's recommendation, abnormal liver function or other risk factors.
Liver cancer screening
The signs and symptoms of liver disease or cancer usually appear late, when it's already advanced. Since your doctor can not detect liver cancer during a regular exam, liver screenings are able to identify cancer sooner, increasing the chance of positive outcomes.
Our proactive approach is designed for those with a moderate-to-high risk of liver cancer. We screen your liver every six months using advanced ultrasound technology to detect any abnormalities.
Risk factors for liver cancer
Knowing if you have any risk factors for liver cancer can help you and your physician monitor your health and catch symptoms sooner. Some risk factors include:
- Aflatoxins (toxins produced by fungi) exposure
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- History of hepatitis B or C infection
- Over 60 years old
- Rare causes (steroid use or arsenic exposure)
Symptoms and signs of liver cancer
While there are some signs only certain medical screenings can detect, there are outward signs of liver cancer that you or a loved one might notice, including:
- Abdominal distension
- Abdominal pain in the upper right quadrant
- Coughing blood/blood in stool
- Periumbilical collateral veins
- Spider nevi (visible cluster of small blood vessels)
- Swelling of the arms or legs
- Tremor of the hand when the wrist is extended
- Unexplained weight loss
Liver cancer treatment options
Our program offers evidence-based treatments and advanced technology that works to achieve the best outcomes for you. Some of our treatments for liver cancer include:
- Hepatic artery infusion (chemotherapy direct to the liver)
- Liver transplant (in select cases)
- Image-guided biopsy
- Microwave ablation
- Irreversible electroporation
- Surgical resection of the liver (in select cases)
- Target therapies to help your body fight liver cancer