The Del Sol Medical Center Volunteer Auxiliary sponsors a Scholarship Program granting scholarships to Students seeking careers in medically related fields. The program is funded primarily by proceeds from the Gift Shop, which is maintained and operated by the Volunteer Auxiliary.
Applicants must meet the following requirements, per Article 8.16 of the Auxiliary Bylaws:
- The student must be a resident of the County of El Paso, Texas.
- The student must be pursuing a degree in a medical field.
- The student must attend an accredited medical school, an accredited medical instructional facility located in El Paso County, or be under the direction and supervision of an accredited medical school located in El Paso County, which meets the criteria and requirements of the Del Sol Medical Center Volunteer Auxiliary.
- The student must have a classification of Sophomore, Junior or Senior. Post Graduate applications will not be considered.
Applications are available at the Del Sol Medical Center Gift Shop and Volunteer Information Station. Applications are also available the Scholarship Financial Aid Offices of the El Paso Community College and UTEP.
Or you may download the Scholarship Application and Application Guidelines for Fall Semester 2018 and Spring Semester 2019 online.
Return completed application to:
Del Sol Medical Center Gift Shop
Attn: Scholarship Chairman
10301 Gateway Blvd W
El Paso, Texas 79925
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING:
Note: Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Fall Semester* Friday, June 28, 2019 by 5:00pm
Spring Semester* Monday, October 15, 2019 by 5:00pm
*SCHOLARSHIPS MUST BE APPLIED FOR EACH SEMESTER
El Paso Community College: $500.00
Texas Tech University Health Sciences: $1,000.00
University of Texas at El Paso: $1,000.00
NOTE: Scholarship Application consists of two (2) pages plus the 3 required attachments
Warning: No photocopies of Transcripts or Letters of Recommendations allowed.
Las Palmas Del Sol HealthCare Help Center
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare questions
- Register for classes & events