An update for our patients
At Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare, we remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19), and we want to provide you with an update about the thoughtful and deliberate steps we’re taking to return to standard operations during this ever-evolving pandemic. We recognize these are uncertain times, and you may have concerns about receiving medical care, even more so than normal. As always, the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities are our top priorities.
The precautions we’ve taken and the new protections we’ve put in place make our clinical care facilities one of the safest places possible to receive healthcare at this time. Over the past few months, our facilities have maintained strict standards while following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we carefully prepare for the re-opening of many postponed services, we have introduced enhanced precautions to ensure a safe environment for all involved, including universal masking, isolating COVID-19 patients, enhanced screening, and virtual visitation options. Urgent healthcare needs, including those unrelated to COVID-19, should not be ignored during this time. We are here for you, and we are well-equipped to handle any health concern you may have.
Steps we’re taking to keep you and our clinical teams safe:
- Screening processes, including temperature checks, in place for all patients, visitors and clinicians before entering facilities.
- Separate care locations for COVID-19 positive patients and those under investigation, who are masked and escorted to designated locations. Non-COVID-19 patients, including those receiving outpatient care or undergoing scheduled procedures, are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not concurrently caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Universal masking required throughout our facilities, which exceeds CDC guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal or frequent cleaning of high-touch items in our facilities.
- COVID-19 testing of patients prior to surgery and procedures.
- Food and drinks prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across our facilities.
However, precautions should not stop when you leave our facilities. To protect yourself and others, it is imperative you continue to follow the current guidance from the CDC regarding social distancing and hand hygiene. These important infection prevention measures help keep you, and your loved ones, safe.
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare remains focused on providing you with outstanding care. We know these circumstances may not be what you anticipated when it comes to your healthcare, and we recognize the worry this pandemic may have created for you or your loved ones. Thank you for trusting us with your vital care. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of the patients we so proudly serve, today and every day.
*We make every effort to ensure our website information remains up to date. As specific guidelines and policies continue to evolve, please call our hospitals for updated information on enhanced safety protections.