Physical therapy facilities in El Paso, Texas
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare helps you get on a successful road to recovery. Led by experienced therapists, our team provides physical, occupational and speech therapy services for a range of acute and chronic health conditions. Our primary goals are to restore your abilities and help you thrive.
For more information about our physical therapy and rehabilitation services, call (915) 521‑2175.
Conditions we treat in rehabilitation
Our therapeutic staff is here to help you recover and get back to your life following surgery or acute illness. Our rehabilitation program provides services for conditions such as:
- Cardiac complications
- Cognitive issues
- Neurological conditions, including polyneuropathy and motor disease
- Orthopedic conditions
- Speech delays and disorders
- Spinal cord injury and surgery
- Swallowing problems
- Traumatic brain injury
- Vestibular and balance problems
Our rehabilitation spaces
The spaces we use for our rehabilitation programs are designed with evidence-based research in mind, including simulation spaces for reintroducing daily activities. Some of our other rehabilitation spaces include:
- Dining room designed for one-on-one therapeutic eating support and communal visitor space
- Outdoor community training space for optimizing safe community reentry
- Private and semi-private accommodations with fully equipped bathrooms
- Simulated spaces for practicing daily skills, including bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and automobile
Our rehabilitation services
We understand that certain conditions require multiple approaches, so our all-ages rehabilitation programs include a treatment plan that integrates your unique health needs.
Our inpatient program provides specialized therapy with convenient access to other hospital services. If you are recovering from an illness, injury or surgery, you can receive different treatments, including occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. We design a plan for you based on your health status, therapy tolerance and physical abilities.
Our inpatient rehabilitation program features:
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing
- Medical care staffed by a multidisciplinary team
- Three hours of intensive therapy per day, five days a week
Our outpatient therapy center also offers occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy. When inpatient care is not necessary, but you're still working towards achieving maximum potential, it takes customized, one-on-one treatment, which we are ready to provide at your discretion.
Types of therapy and rehabilitation we offer
Whether you need inpatient physical therapy or outpatient speech therapy, our providers are here to help you recover and regain valuable skills.
Our occupational therapists focus on recovering the function and mobility of your upper extremities. They also help you relearn life skills, such as dressing and grooming.
Our occupational therapy services include:
- Burn recovery
- Custom hand/elbow orthosis fabrication
- Kinesiology taping (elastic sports tape that assists with improving hand and arm function)
- Manual therapy and manipulations
- Pre- and postsurgical therapy for shoulder, elbow and hand
- Scar and edema management and desensitization
- Neurological rehabilitation for upper body disorders
Our physical therapists work one-on-one with you to help increase the mobility and function of your lower extremities. We want you to take advantage of the benefits of physical therapy and see how it can improve your life and speed up your recovery.
Some of our therapies include:
- Pre- and postsurgical therapy
- Rehabilitation for anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and meniscus
- Sports rehabilitation
- Total joint replacement rehabilitation
Our speech therapists and pathologists focus on the muscles of the mouth, lips and tongue. We strive to help you recover throat, speech and language functions, while treating a variety of conditions, including:
- Aphasia (language disorder)
- Apraxia (neurological mobility disorder)
- Bilingual development conditions
- Cognitive conditions and executive dysfunction
- Neurological rehabilitation for stroke and brain injuries
- Swallowing disorders and difficulties
- Voice/motor speech conditions